social media management jobs: Social media started off as a source of fun and a way we can connect with relatives and make new friends online. But over years this has evolved into something more vital to businesses and personal financial lives. Actually, if you spend much of your time on social media then you can make money as a Social Media Manager.
Have you ever heard of a social media manager?
Just before we continue. Do you know what? I love you! show me some love and do the following things in a minute:
- Bookmark this page. This will help you in the future, you will save your time on the search hustle for a legit online jobs reference site in Kenya. (add to favorites)
- Join our Forum:- This will help you to meet same-minded people that are focused to make money online. It’s no lie to say that birds of the same feather flock together. To join our awesome forum click here.
- Join our affiliate program:- It’s FREE to join & you’ll make Ksh. 20 if a friend clicks on your link – Promise! Just do it now and come back to read this post. Click here… Existing affiliates trust us, click here to see their reviews on google. Yours could be the next one.
- Do you prefer I send you alerts for new online opportunities via social media or mobile notifications? Click here to choose the way you love it.
Wasn’t that a super easy and valuable thing you just did? Hey, it’s time to make money online, Let’s goooooo…
Social media managers are responsible for managing the social media accounts of businesses, celebrities, Politicians, and other entrepreneurs.
In most cases, large businesses hire full-time social media managers to work in-house. They might even have an entire department dedicated to social media management.
On the other hand, small brands and upcoming celebrities do rely on contract-based social media managers to help them address their marketing needs.
When a business owner’s time is often tied up in other areas, scheduling content to Twitter, Facebook and Instagram can become an afterthought. This is where a social media manager comes in.
What’re the responsibilities of a social media manager?
This is a new position in society and not all have embraced it just yet. Typically, the following are the duties and qualifications of a social media marketing manager:
- Planning and scheduling content across various social media platforms (Posting graphics and text on behalf of clients)
- Analyzing, tracking, and reporting on campaign performance
- Looking for breakout opportunities on growing social networks (Develop marketing strategies based on client goals)
- Working with influencers and other brands to drive lead generation and enhance business visibility
- Customer service for the client
- Marketing analysis
Other than the above, it is also very important if you polish your grammar (preferably English or international languages) because you will be answering client chats.
Also, a liking for graphic design and creativity is a plus to you because other than just managing business profiles. You will be required to post Graphic designs of the brand you will be managing.
It also helps to have a love of learning, because the social media landscape is constantly changing. Stay up to date on the latest trends, resources, apps, and tools associated with the job.
Beyond merely managing social media profiles, you’ll be expected to report on your results. Business owners won’t be highly motivated to keep paying for your services unless you can justify your worth.
You also don’t want to make money managing social media accounts when you really aren’t seeing any positive results.
How will you make money from social media management jobs?
As a social media manager, also referred to as a social media director, you will earn money online from the clients and businesses you serve. If you work for a company, you’ll typically earn a salary.
If you’re self-employed, you likely can charge an hourly, monthly, or per-project rate.
Self-employed social media managers, also known as social media consultants, most commonly offer different levels of monthly service packages.
The lowest level might include posting on social media three to four times a week, while the largest package might include daily posting on social media across multiple platforms.
Getting started with social media management jobs
Let us now have a look at what you ought to do to get started as a social media manager.
Step 1: Get a course
The best way to get started in social media management is to take a course that teaches you the necessary skills.
By understanding a little bit about each area of social media management, you are better positioned to delegate work to virtual assistants if or when you decide that starting an agency is right for you.
If you have no plans to scale, you’ll need to know everything regardless. Your experience may work for you but it is quite obvious that you may not be able to compete with a candidate owning a certificate to prove knowledge.
Step 2: Choose a platform
If you want to become a social media manager, you’ll want to become extremely proficient at several social media platforms. Going a step further and mastering a platform can really set you apart from competing for management services (i.e. become a Facebook specialist or Instagram guru).
The hottest areas for social media marketing are:
- Instagram:- You need to polish your skills in graphic design and basics in videography.
- Facebook:- You will need to polish your language since there is a lot of text and chatting with clients. Also, you will need to learn more on Facebook live to engage with clients on a live broadcast. Knowing to set up and rightly target paid advertisements is also a skill you will need to acquire.
- Twitter:- You need to master the times clients are usually online to ensure your tweets reach them. Also, knowing twitter live streaming and the use of hashtags will really be helpful.
- Pinterest:- This is another very important area that a social media manager can master and make an income out of it. It is a very powerful, image-based search engine. It helps to have a strong background in graphic design here, so you can create eye-catching images that users will click on
- Whatsapp:- This is another area that will need you to build your public relations. Poor relations could lead to most people reporting your account hence getting banned. Basic knowledge in graphic design may be required.
How to start a full-time career and make money managing social media accounts
1. Create a Website
These days, your website is your resume. Use your page to show who you are as a person because a company has to trust you to manage its social media.
The most attractive candidates come across as trustworthy, reliable, and put-together. Make sure you have links to all the social media profiles you manage on your website.
We at Blazona may help make one for you in a few days. Just reach to us and describe how you want it to look like by visiting our contact us page.
2. Build your own social media channels
You’re much more likely to get hired as a social media manager if you have a solid number of followers on your own social media accounts.
Take time to look at your accounts and ask if each one is a good representation of your abilities as a social media manager. You can also create new accounts to showcase your skills and fill out your portfolio.
3. Apply for social media manager positions
In the digital age, competition is fierce. You may find it beneficial to cast your net wide and spend time applying to several positions rather than putting all your eggs in one basket.
Because you have your own website and social media channels to show as examples, you should be well prepared for an interview.
If you have trouble getting interviews, attend networking events, connect with people on LinkedIn, and keep trying. Even as you keep trying, you can use your social media influence to make money by also advertisement contracts.
How to become a self-employed social media manager
There are plenty of benefits to being self-employed, but it’s not always as easy as it seems. If you value your time and flexibility – and you have an excellent work ethic – running a social media business might be perfect for you.
1. Understand your target client
The first step to starting your own social media management business is to understand your target client.
While you can be a social media manager for many different types of companies and people, it’s helpful to hone in on a specific niche.
For example, you could focus on travel bloggers, design companies, or medical spas. Whatever you choose, learn everything about your niche
2. Learn how to create a posting schedule
Now that you understand your target client, it’s time to learn how to create a posting schedule. There are numerous different software programs you can use to schedule your social media, but a consistent daily schedule is most important.
3. Build your portfolio
Building a strong portfolio is a great way to prove your value. At first, your own social media profiles will serve just fine, and you can build a few different mock portfolios to show clients.
As you gain clients, add them to your portfolio. Keep this up to date, just as you would with a resume.
4. Grow your client base
Pitch clients frequently and add them one at a time. Serve them well and ask for feedback. When you get overwhelmed because you have too many clients, hire an assistant to help you.
If that isn’t financially viable, you might need to up your rates, cut your expenses, or drop some of the lowest-paying clients.
Our final thoughts
This is how you can make money managing social media accounts. It is one high-paying opportunity that most people haven’t tapped into and you could capitalize on that.
Once you have built your profile and mastered an area or two, you can start reaching out to potentials online and bidding for contracts to manage their accounts.
All you need to get started is knowledge and then an internet connection and of course a computer. Building a large audience around yourself will help establish your authority in the market.
The social media management course may take between a month to three months and you could be charged between Ksh. 5,000 ($50) to Ksh. 60,000 ($600) depending on the course and coach (you may do personal research on this)
Consistency when making posts to the respective areas also is vital. This may at some time be tiresome but if you can also master a few automated tools such as buffer, HootSuite, CoSchedule, Edgar, and more. It can really be helpful.
social media management jobs, social media manager, social media handling, how to make money as a social media manager, social media manager job description