Open a YouTube Channel:– YouTube is one of the most popular platforms for sharing and watching videos online. If you have a passion, a hobby, a skill, or a message that you want to share with the world. You can create your own YouTube channel and start uploading videos.
Once you have uploaded quite a number of videos, and gained enough followers plus watch hours, you can apply to the youtube monetization program to start bagging in some cash.
Steps to open a youtube channel
In this blog post, we will guide you through the steps to follow in order for you to open a YouTube channel and give you some tips on how to grow your audience.
Step 1: Create a Google account
To create a YouTube channel, you need to have a Google account. If you already have one, you can skip this step. If not, you can sign up for free at https://accounts.google.com/signup. A Google account will give you access to other Google services, such as Gmail, Google Drive, Google Photos, and more.
Step 2: Go to YouTube and sign in
Once you have a Google account, go to https://www.youtube.com and click on the sign-in button at the top right corner. Enter your email and password and click on next. You will be redirected to the YouTube homepage.
Step 3: Create YouTube channel
To create a channel, click on your profile icon at the top right corner and select “Create a channel” from the drop-down menu. You will see two options: “Use your name” or “Use a custom name”. If you choose to use your name, your channel name will be the same as your Google account name. If you choose to use a custom name, you can enter any name you want for your channel. You can also add a description and an image for your channel. Click on “Create” when you are done.
Step 4: Customize your channel
Now that you have created your channel, you can customize it to make it more attractive and appealing to your viewers. You can do this by clicking on “Customize channel” on your channel page. Here are some things you can do:
– Add channel art: This is the banner image that appears at the top of your channel page. You can upload your own image or choose from YouTube’s gallery. Make sure your image is high-quality and represents your channel’s theme and personality.
– Add a profile picture: This is the image that appears next to your channel name and on your videos. You can upload your own image or use your Google account picture. Make sure your image is clear and recognizable.
– Add a channel trailer: This is a short video that plays automatically when someone visits your channel page for the first time. You can use this video to introduce yourself, explain what your channel is about, and invite people to subscribe.
– Add sections: These are the rows of videos that appear on your channel page. You can add different sections based on categories, playlists, or topics. You can also rearrange the order of the sections by dragging and dropping them.
– Add links: These are the icons that appear on your channel art and link to your social media accounts, website, or other online platforms. You can add up to five links by clicking on “Edit links” on your channel page.
Step 5: Upload your first video
Now that you have set up your channel, you are ready to upload your first video. To do this, click on the “Create” button at the top right corner and select “Upload video”. You will see two options: “Select files” or “Drag and drop”. You can either browse your computer for the video file or drag and drop it into the upload window. While your video is uploading, you can enter some information about it, such as:
– Title: This is the name of your video that appears on YouTube. Make sure it is catchy, relevant, and descriptive.
– Description: This is the text that appears below your video. You can use this space to give more details about your video, such as what it is about, why you made it, what you want people to learn from it, etc. You can also add hashtags, links, or keywords to help people find your video.
– Thumbnail: This is the image that represents your video on YouTube. You can either choose one of the auto-generated thumbnails from YouTube or upload your own custom thumbnail. Make sure your thumbnail is eye-catching, high-quality, and accurate.
– Playlist: This is a collection of videos that are related by theme or topic. You can either add your video to an existing playlist or create a new one. Playlists help organize your videos and make them easier for viewers to watch in sequence.
– Visibility: This is the setting that determines who can see your video on YouTube. You can choose from three options: public, unlisted, or private. Public videos are visible to anyone on YouTube and can appear in search results and recommendations. Unlisted videos are only visible to people who have the link and cannot appear in search results or recommendations. Private videos are only visible to you and the people you choose to share them with.
Once you have entered all the information, click on “Save” or “Publish” depending on your visibility setting. Congratulations, you have uploaded your first video!
Step 6: Promote your channel and grow your audience
Now that you have your channel and your first video, you can start promoting your channel and growing your audience. Here are some tips on how to do that:
– Share your videos: You can share your videos on your social media accounts, website, blog, email, or other online platforms. You can also ask your friends, family, or followers to share your videos with their networks. This will help you reach more people and increase your views and subscribers.
– Engage with your viewers: You can interact with your viewers by responding to their comments, questions, feedback, or suggestions. You can also ask them for their opinions, ideas, or requests for future videos. This will help you build a relationship with your viewers and make them feel valued and appreciated.
– Collaborate with other creators: You can collaborate with other YouTube creators who have similar or complementary content, audience, or goals. You can either make a video together, feature each other on your channels, or cross-promote each other’s videos. This will help you expose your channel to new audiences and expand your network.
– Optimize your videos: You can optimize your videos for YouTube’s algorithm by using relevant keywords, tags, titles, descriptions, thumbnails, and playlists. This will help you rank higher in search results and recommendations and attract more viewers to your channel. Using free tools like TubeBuddy can really help you in growing your channel super fast.
– Analyze your performance: You can use YouTube’s analytics tools to track and measure your channel’s performance. You can see how many views, likes, dislikes, comments, shares, subscribers, watch time, revenue, and more you have. You can also see where your viewers are coming from, what devices they are using, what videos they are watching, and how long they are watching. This will help you understand what works and what doesn’t work for your channel and improve your content and strategy accordingly.
Step 7: Monetize your channel
There are many ways YouTube Creators can monetize their channels. The most common is the YouTube Partner Program (YPP) which you might be interested in joining. Below, I will explain what the YPP is, how it works, and what are the benefits and requirements of becoming a partner.
What is the YouTube Partner Program?
The YouTube Partner Program is a program that allows eligible YouTube channels to earn money from their videos. By joining the YPP, you can access various features and tools that can help you grow your audience and revenue, such as:
– Ads: You can display ads on your videos and earn a share of the revenue generated by those ads. You can choose the types and formats of ads that suit your content and audience.
– YouTube Premium: You can earn a portion of the subscription fee from YouTube Premium members who watch your videos. YouTube Premium is a paid membership that offers ad-free viewing, offline downloads, background play, and access to YouTube Music and YouTube Originals.
– Channel memberships: You can offer paid memberships to your fans who want to support your channel and get exclusive perks, such as badges, emojis, live chats, videos, and more.
– Merchandise shelf: You can showcase your official branded merchandise on your video page and let your fans buy directly from YouTube.
– Super Chat & Super Stickers: You can enable your fans to purchase chat messages or animated stickers that stand out in your live streams and premieres.
– YouTube Shorts Fund: You can earn money from your short-form videos (up to 60 seconds) that are eligible for the YouTube Shorts Fund, a $100 million fund that rewards creators for their most engaging Shorts.
How to Join the YouTube Partner Program?
To join the YPP, you need to meet the following minimum requirements:
– You have more than 1,000 subscribers on your channel.
– You have more than 4,000 valid public watch hours in the last 12 months.
– You create content that complies with YouTube’s Community Guidelines, Terms of Service, and monetization policies.
– You have an AdSense account linked to your YouTube channel.
If you meet these requirements, you can apply for the YPP from your YouTube Studio dashboard. Once you submit your application, YouTube will review your channel and notify you of their decision within a month. If you are accepted, you can start monetizing your videos and accessing the features and tools mentioned above. If you are rejected, you can reapply after 30 days if you address the issues that caused the rejection.
What are the benefits of joining the YouTube Partner Program?
Joining the YPP can help you grow your channel and earn money from your passion. Some of the benefits of becoming a partner are:
– You can diversify your income sources and get paid for your hard work and creativity.
– You can reach a wider audience and build a loyal fan base that supports your channel.
– You can access exclusive resources and opportunities, such as Creator Academy courses, partner support, invitations to events, and more.
– You can have more control and flexibility over your content and monetization options.
These are the basic steps of opening a YouTube channel and uploading your first video. Of course, there is much more to learn and explore as you grow your channel and become a successful YouTube creator. But for now, we hope this blog post has given you some useful information and inspiration to get started.
On the other hand, YouTube Partner Program is a great way to turn your passion into a profession. By joining the YPP, you can monetize your content, grow your audience, and access various features and tools that can help you succeed as a creator. If you are interested in joining the YPP, make sure you meet the minimum requirements and apply from your YouTube Studio dashboard. I hope this blog post was informative and helpful for you. Happy YouTube-ing!
#create youtube channel, create youtube channel, create youtube channel, create youtube channel, create youtube channel, create youtube channel, create youtube channel, create youtube channel, create youtube channel, #create youtube channel, create youtube channel, create youtube channel, create youtube channel, create youtube channel, create youtube channel, create youtube channel, create youtube channel, create youtube channel